It is the duty of every pupil to know the school rules and observe them at all times.
1. Morning Assembly
- Pupils must attend the daily flag-raising ceremony. They must assemble by 0725 hours in the parade square for the ceremony.
- Pupils who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the pledge.
- Pupils will take the pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Non-Singaporeans are required to stand at attention throughout the ceremony.
- Pupils are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed. All school uniforms must be purchased from the school uniform supplier.
- Upper secondary boys have the option to wear the school bermudas or long pants.
- Pupils must wear their school uniform according to school’s instructions.
- Pupils must wear the school PE T-shirts when they are playing any game.
- Pupils must wear the school PE T-shirt and school shorts during their PE lessons.
- Pupils must change out of their PE attire after recess and put on the school uniform.
- Pupils must wear the approved school attire and proper footwear whenever they are in school. No sandals are allowed.
- Boys’ pants must cover their ankles.
- Girls’ skirts must touch their knees.
- Pupils are allowed to wear plain-coloured track shoes or the normal white canvas shoes.
- Pupils are to wear plain white socks that are above their ankles and visible above their shoes.
4. School Tie
- Pupils must wear the school tie for the weekly assembly day and for all formal school functions.
5. Personal Grooming
- Pupils are not allowed to streak, tint, dye or bleach their hair.
- Pupils are not allowed to spike their hair.
- Male Pupils must sport appropriate hairstyle that is neat, short and properly combed. Hair should be sloped at the sides and the back. It should not touch the ears, eye-brows or the shirt collar. Side-burns should not extend beyond the middle of the ears.
- Female Pupils are encouraged to keep their hair neat. Hair which extends beyond the shoulders must be neatly tied. No fringe is allowed.
- Make-up of any form is not allowed.
- All boys must be clean shaven and should not be wearing beards and moustache.
- Pupils should keep their fingernails short and clean without nail polish or varnish.
- Pupils who wear spectacles must not use tinted lenses.
- Pupils who wear contact lenses must only use non-coloured lenses.
- Pupils are not allowed to wear any form of jewellery.
- Pupils are not allowed to wear ear-sticks.
- Only girls are allowed to wear a pair of plain ear studs of similar design and it must not be loud.
- Talisman if worn should remain hidden.
- Pupils are not allowed to tattoo any part of their body.
- Pupils must remove all tattoos before they are allowed to return to school.
6. Conduct and Behaviour
- Pupils are expected to be courteous to all teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Pupils are expected to move about the school building in a quiet and orderly manner.
- Pupils can only leave the school premises during curriculum hours with the written permission from the Principal, Vice-Principal or the HODs.
- Pupils must turn off all lights and fans when they leave the classroom.
- Pupils should take good care of school property and not vandalise them.
- Pupils should also keep the school clean and free of litter.
- Pupils must not smoke, gamble, cheat, steal, fight or bully.
- Pupils must not bring or consume chewing gum of any form in school.
- Pupils must turn off their handphones and keep them out of sight during curriculum hours.
- Pupils are only allowed to use their handphones in the canteen or the area outside the General Office before school starts and after school has ended.
- Pupils are not allowed in the canteen during curriculum hours without teacher’s permission.
- Pupils must carry the teacher’s pass when they leave the classroom during curriculum hours.
- Pupils must remain in class during a change of periods.
- Pupils must be punctual for all school activities.
- Pupils must not skip lessons or loiter around the school during curriculum hours.
- Pupils who are absent from school for the day are to call the general office by 9 am and inform the school the reason for their absence. They must produce a medical certificate from a doctor the day that they return to school.
- Pupils who wilfully and persistently commit attendance-related problems might be suspended from school.
- Pupils should queue for their own food and drinks in an orderly manner.
- Pupils are to return their used crockery and utensils to the respective stalls’ receptacles.
- All food and drinks must be consumed in the canteen.
The following are classified as serious offences:
• theft and shoplifting
• substance abuse and glue sniffing
• assault and fighting
• possession of weapons
• other offences as prescribed by the school
10. Action Taken for Offences
• warning and/or counseling
• home involvement
• police assistance
• referral to outside agencies
• other actions as prescribed by the school
Items confiscated from Pupils will only be returned after meeting with a parent or guardian.