Home > Holistic Education > Student Development > National Education
The objective is to develop national cohesion, the instinct for survival and confidence in the future
- by fostering a sense of identity, pride and self-respect as Singaporeans;
- by knowing the Singapore story -- how Singapore succeeded against the odds to become a nation;
- by understanding Singapore's unique challenges, constraints and vulnerabilities, which make us different from other countries; and
- by instilling the core values of our way of life, and the will to prevail, that ensures our continued success and well-being.
NATIONAL EDUCATION MESSAGES
- Singapore is our homeland; this is where we belong. We treasure our heritage and take pride in shaping our own unique way of life.
- We must preserve racial and religious harmony. We value our diversity and are determined to stay a united people.
- We must uphold meritocracy and incorruptibility. We provide opportunities for all, according to their ability and effort.
- No one owes Singapore a living. We find our own way to survive and prosper, turning challenge into opportunity.
- We must ourselves defend Singapore. We are proud to defend Singapore ourselves, no one else is responsible for our security and well-being.
- We have confidence in our future.
United, determined and well-prepared, we have what it takes to build a bright future for ourselves, and to progress together as one nation.