Students who think Math, do Math, use Math, talk Math and dream Math
MASTER: To enable students to build a strong foundation necessary for them to further learning.
GROW: To enable students to apply what they learn in Mathematics in everyday life.
GLOW: To enhance students’ appreciation of Mathematics
· Singapore and Asian Schools Math Olympiad (SASMO)
· Peer Tutoring Programme
· Australian Mathematics Competition. All Singapore Secondary Mathematics Competition for Normal Course Students
1. Singapore and Asian Schools Math Olympiad (SASMO)
This is a platform whereby the department aims to test the ingenuity and mathematical problem-solving ability of the students and to discover and encourage mathematical talents. This year, our school has achieved:
2 Silver Award
9 Bronze Award
The two silver awardees are Chen Lucia and Sim Zhi Ren Tenzin from Sec 3E1
2. Australian Mathematics Competition
This year, we have a total of 156 participants who took part in Australian Mathematics Competition. It serves as a platform to provide our students an opportunity to take part in an International Mathematics competition while promoting a greater interest in Mathematics.
This year, we are happy to share that our school has achieved:
· 1 Distinction
· 16 Credit
· 115 Certificate of Proficiency
· 24 Certificate of Participation
3. All Singapore Secondary Mathematics Competition for Normal Course Students
To stimulate greater interest and enrich students’ knowledge in Mathematics, as well as to provide an opportunity for Normal Course students to showcase their talent in mathematical knowledge and skills through solving competition questions, four teams of our Normal Stream students took part in the competition. One of the participants, Liu Jiacheng from 4T1, has emerged 10th position in the Upper Secondary NT Category.