School Rules and Regulations
It is the duty of every pupil to know the school rules and observe them at all times.
- Morning Assembly
- Students must attend the daily flag-raising ceremony. They must assemble by 0725 hours in the parade square for the ceremony. Students are encouraged to be in school in school 15 minutes before the ceremony for silent reading.
- A student is considered late if he/she is not seated in his/her class when the bell rings for flag-raising.
- All Students must stand at attention. Students who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the pledge.
- Students will take the pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- School Uniform
- Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed. All school uniforms must be purchased from the school uniform supplier.
- Upper secondary boys have the option to wear the school bermudas or long pants.
- Students must wear their school uniform according to the school’s instructions.
- Students must wear the school PE T-shirts when they are playing any game.
- Students must wear the school PE T-shirt and school shorts during their PE lessons.
- Students must change out of their PE attire after recess and put on the school uniform.
- Students must wear the approved school attire and proper footwear whenever they are in school. No sandals are allowed.
- Boys’ pants must cover their ankles.
- Girls’ skirts must touch their knees.
- Students are allowed to wear plain-colored track shoes or the normal white canvas shoes.
- Students wearing visible socks must wear only plain white in color.
- School Tie
- Students must wear the school tie for the weekly assembly day and for all formal school functions.
- Personal Grooming
- Students are not allowed to streak, tint, dye or bleach their hair.
- Students are not allowed to spike their hair.
- Male Students must sport an appropriate hairstyle that is neat, short and properly combed. Hair should be sloped at the sides and the back. It should not touch the ears, eyebrows or the shirt collar. Side-burns should not extend beyond the middle of the ears. Fringes must be above the eyebrows.
- Hair of female students must not touch the eyebrows. Hair must not fall over the side and cover the face partially
- Make-up of any form is not allowed.
- All boys must be clean shaven and should not be wearing beards and moustache.
- Students should keep their fingernails short and clean without nail polish or varnish.
- Students who wear spectacles must not use tinted lenses.
- Students who wear contact lenses must only use non-colored lenses.
- Students are not allowed to wear any form of jewelry.
- Students are not allowed to wear ear-sticks.
- Only girls are allowed to wear a pair of plain ear studs.
- Talisman if worn should remain hidden.
- Students are not allowed to tattoo any part of their body.
- Students must remove all tattoos before they are allowed to return to school.
- Conduct and Behaviour
- Students are expected to be courteous to all teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Students are expected to move about the school building in a quiet and orderly manner.
- Students can only leave the school premises during curriculum hours with the written permission from the Principal, Vice-Principal or the HODs.
- Students must turn off all lights and fans when they leave the classroom.
- Students should take good care of school property and not vandalise them.
- Students should also keep the school clean and free of litter.
- Students must not smoke, gamble, cheat, steal, fight or bully.
- Students must not bring or consume chewing gum of any form in school.
- Students are not allowed in the canteen during curriculum hours without teacher’s permission.
- Students must carry the teacher’s pass when they leave the classroom during curriculum hours.
- Students must remain in class during a change of periods.
- Students are only allowed to eat or drink in the canteen.
- Use of hand phones
- Students must turn off their hand phones and keep them out of sight during curriculum hours.
- Students are only allowed to use their handphones in the canteen or the area outside the General Office before school starts and after school has ended.
- The use of hand phones will only be allowed for teaching and learning under the supervision and presence of a teacher.
- Hand phones may be confiscated as a disciplinary measure. Parents will be informed should such measures be necessary.
- Students must be punctual for lesson and all school activities.
- Students must not skip lessons or loiter around the school during curriculum hours.
- Students who are absent from school for the day are to call the general office by 9 am and inform the school the reason for their absence. They must produce a medical certificate from a doctor the day that they return to school.
- Students who wilfully and persistently commit attendance-related problems might be suspended from school.
- Students should queue for their own food and drinks in an orderly manner.
- Students are to return their used crockery and utensils to the respective stalls’ receptacles.
- All food and drinks must be consumed in the canteen.
- Serious Offences
The following are classified as serious offences:
Theft and shoplifting
Bullying and cyberbullying
Substance abuse and glue sniffing
Assault and fighting
Possession of weapons or weapon-like items, vaporizors and e-cigarettes.
- Action Taken for Offences
- warning and/or counseling
- home involvement
- police assistance
- referral to outside agencies
- other actions as prescribed by the school
Items confiscated from Students will only be returned after meeting with a parent or guardian.